SPAY AND NEUTER PROGRAMSInterested in Spay and Neuter for your pet? We have several programs designed to address dog and cat spay/neuter needs in the Upstate, SC area. If you don't see a program that meets your needs, please contact us and we will do our best to help or refer you to partners or agencies that may be able to assist you.
Low Cost Spay/NeuterSpeak for Animals partners with selected veterinarians and clinics to offer low cost and special assistance spay and neuter options to the public. Without our wonderful veterinarians and their talented staff, our spay/neuter programs would not be possible. In addition, Speak for Animals subsidizes low cost spay/neuter services to reduce financial barriers associated with animal spay/neuter. Donations from individuals, corporations and charitable foundations make these subsidies possible.
Spay and Neuter Programs: Program Details Below
- Regular Low-Cost Program – Dog or Cat: $70.00
- Government Assistance/Disability/Low-Income Program – Dog or Cat: $25.00 with proof of assistance.
- Fix-A-Pit (Pit Bull and Pit Bull Mix) Program: $25.00
- Vaccinations: $5.00 Rabies, $5.00 Distemper (DA2PPV/FVRCP)
- Spay Mania (Once monthly, limited availability)
Pet owners may purchase a voucher from Speak for Animals used for any of the above programs.
Online purchase options coming soon.
How to purchase Speak for Animals spay/neuter programs:Please complete the Request and Release form and mail along with full payment, (and proof of government assistance if applicable) to address on the form. (Online purchase options coming soon)
IMPORTANT: You must call the vet and schedule your appointment. Voucher must accompany animal to the surgery appointment or vet or services will not be rendered.
Spay and Neuter Programs Details:Regular Low-Cost Program – Dog or Cat: $70.00
This program was designed for households that otherwise do not qualify for our Government Assistance/Disability/Low-Income, Fix-A-Pit or Spay-Mania programs (see below for qualifiers). Full payment of $70.00 includes one spay or neuter for a dog or cat.
Government Assistance/Disability/Low-Income Program – Dog or Cat: $25.00 with proof of assistance.
Designed for household that are receiving government assistance (disability payments, food stamps, social security, Medicaid/Medicare, unemployment), or qualify as Low-Income based on HUD Income Limits Documentation System
- Payment of $25.00 includes one spay or neuter for a dog or cat.
- Proof of assistance is required with a completed Spay/Neuter Request and Release form.
- Full payment of $25.00 includes one spay or neuter for a dog or cat.
This program is designed specifically for pit bull and pit bull mixbreeds. Due to the overwhelming number of pit bull and pit bull mixes being euthanized in shelters, we created this program to be affordable to most everyone. We want to help put an end to useless deaths of a wonderful, but often misunderstood breed.
Vaccinations: $5.00 Rabies, $5.00 Distemper
(DA2PPV/FVRCP)Vaccinations are administered at the time of surgery, if needed. Speak for Animals does not offer vaccinations unless they are in conjunction with one of our spay/neuter programs. Our mission is to reduce the number of unwanted dogs and cats, and senseless euthanasia of healthy companion animals.·
Spay Mania (Once monthly, limited availability)
Pre-Spay/Neuter: Important Points to Remember.
- No food after 7PM the night before the surgery and no water after 10PM.
- Please bring cats in a carrier.
- Please bring proof of vaccinations, if applicable (required if your animal is not receive vaccinations with spay/neuter).
- Please drop off your animal at the assigned time and pick them up at the assigned time.
- Please treat our veterinarians with the utmost respect. They are providing these services to us at a reduced cost and a critical to our ability to continue to offer low cost spay/neuter services in the community.